Sunday, October 24, 2010

MathJax: Include mathematics non-obtrusively

In this blog post I will explain the use of MathJax, a javascript based display engine for mathematics.

In an early post I pointed out that yourequations.com has a very nice solution for producing beautiful LaTeX on the web. Unfortunately as of October 31 2010 their service has shut down. As a result the LaTeX on my blog did not render any more.

So a tweet alerted me to mathjax, a display engine for mathematics. With mathjax it is possible to write mathematics in LaTeX or MathML and the javascript based engine will make a beautiful image.
As a bonus mathjax allows you to scale the mathematics, view the source in LaTeX or MathML and choice the rendermode i.e. straight to MathML or via their custom fonts.

Seeing their beautiful examples I decided that use mathjax for this blog. So once again, mathematics can be viewed in splendid glory.

\[
e^{i\pi}+1=0
\]

3 comments:

  1. I was googling to get some information on MathJax and I came across with your blog. I'm sorry but I couldn't get how you managed to use MathJax in your blog. Could you explain more? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a post about the details of using MathJax in blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ηi there! Do you knoω іf they make any plugins to safeguard agаіnst hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I'νe worked hard on.
    Anу recommendations?

    Feel free to suгf to my web pagе; herbal incense ban

    ReplyDelete