Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tethering made easy with easytether

In this blog post I point at a very easy way of tethering an android phone to a Ubuntu machine.

Ever since I got my android phone, I was looking at a way to tether it to my phone. There were options available but none to my liking. You either had to tether to a windows machine or get root access to the phone. Because I exclusively use Ubuntu as an operating system and I feel a little uneasy about rooting my phone, I was left tether-less.

Not so any longer. I accidentally stumbled upon a post explaining how to tether Ubuntu to your phone via easytether.

The instructions in the above post worked off the shelf, so I can now tether easily. I even made a little script to setup the connection so it is as easy as executing one command.

No comments:

Post a Comment